Donut wait to make this Giant Fried Chicken Donut Sandwich for all of your friends and family. Forget waffles, hot chicken and sweet fluffy donuts it is!
- Combine your paprika, black pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, ground allspice, oregano and cayenne in a bowl.
- Take 2 tbsp of the spice mix and combine with your buttermilk in a large bowl.
- Butterfly your chicken breasts and place in the bowl. Stir to coat the chicken, then leave in the brine overnight preferably, or for at least 4 hours.
- Place your yeast, water and milk in the bowl of a stand mixer and leave to bloom for 5 mins.
- Add your sugar, salt, egg, butter and flour to the stand mixer and mix on a medium speed. Once all incorporated as a dough, turn up the speed to work the dough for 5 mins. By this time it should be smooth and tacky to touch.
- Place your dough in a slightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to rise in a warm place for about an hour, or until doubled in size.
- Remove half of your dough from the bowl. On a lightly floured square of parchment, roll out to half inch thickness in a round on your workbench, then cut out with a medium sized bowl. Cut out another circle with a 3 inch cutter.
- Leave your donut to rest for 10 mins whilst you heat 3 inches of vegetable oil in a large wide saute pan and heat it to 175°C/340°F.
- Gently shimmy your donut off your greaseproof paper into the oil. Fry for about 3 mins on one side until deeply golden, then flip and cook for a further 3 mins on the other side. Remove from the oil and drain on a rack and leave to cool. Repeat with your remaining dough.
- Combine your butter, icing sugar, vanilla essence and evaporated milk in a bowl until you have a smooth sauce.
- Pour your glaze over your donuts until they are fully coated. Leave to dry.
- Combine the rest of your seasoning with your flour in a bowl, and beat your eggs in a separate bowl.
- Remove your chicken from the buttermilk and dredge in the flour, then egg, then flour in turn. Leave to rehydrate on a tray.
- Heat your vegetable oil to 180°C in a wide saute pan. Fry your chicken for about 10 mins, turning repeatedly until it is evenly golden and crisp.
- Top your donut with your chicken breasts, then the other donut. Serve immediately!