Ham and Cheese Gougeres
- Heat oven to 220°C (425ºF)
- Bring milk, butter, salt, and water to a boil in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high, stirring constantly. Add flour; stir until dough forms.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring dough constantly with a wooden spoon until slightly dried, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse a few times to cool slightly; Add in whisked eggs and pulse until combined. Pulse in cheeses, ham and chives.
- Transfer dough to a piping bag fitted with a plain 1⁄2" tip. Pipe mounds of dough, about 1" in diameter, onto a lined baking sheet.
- Whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Brush mounds with egg wash.
- Place in oven and reduce temperature to 180ºC (375ºF). Bake gougères until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes