We combined flavors of chicken fajita, bolonese, and loaded mash for this Loaded Mash Lasagna! We layer a lot of things, but we've never used mash as lasagna layers– until now. It has something for everyone, specifically, loads and loads of cheese.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a large bowl, put mashed potatoes, bacon, cheese, eggs, onions, salt, and, pepper. Mix until combined.
- Pre-Press into 4 flat layers that are the size of a baking dish, wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Add all fajita ingredients to a sheet pan, mix to combine well. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute until softened. Add in the beef and cook until browned. Add the salt, pepper, chilli flakes, and tomato paste. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add red wine, and cook until reduced by half. Add the passata and a pinch of sugar. Let cook until reduced and thickened. Set aside.
- In a well-buttered baking dish ass the one layer of the potato mix. Top with a layer of bolognese, followed by a layer of sliced mozzarella.
- Top with another potato sheet followed by layers of ham, cheese and bechamel. Finally another sheet of potato, fajita chicken, grated cheddar. Top with the final layer of mashed potato and a layer of cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbling and cheese is golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.