- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook onions and peppers until softened. Add the garlic and chilli and continue cooking until aromatic. Sprinkle over the cumin powder and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour in the tomato and stir to combine. Cook for about5 minutes until slightly reduced and thickened before seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pot, add the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk, whisking continuously until smooth. Season with the mustard powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked macaroni, cheese and bacon to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the macaroni and cheese on top of the tomato pepper sauce. Smooth then create 5 wells with the back of a spoon. Crack an egg into each well. Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix the softened butter with the garlic, parsley and season with pepper. Spread on sliced sourdough, frill for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately with garlic bread to dip.