Need something different for brunch this weekend? Try these delicious Scallion Pancakes with a Dim Sum dipping sauce!
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Mix in sesame oil and 250ml of boiling water with a wooden spoon until a shaggy dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking, until the dough is smooth, this should take about 5 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, finely chop your spring onions and season with salt. Then make your dipping sauce. Combine soy, sugar, sesame oil and vinegar until sugar has dissolved.
- Once the dough has rested divide into 8 pieces. Working with one at a time, roll out on a lightly floured work surface as thin as possible. Brush with oil and add 2 tablespoons of spring onions. Roll dough away from you into a thin cylinder, then, starting at one end, roll into itself to create a coil (like a cinnamon roll). Repeat with remaining dough. Let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Working with 1 coil at a time, roll out on a lightly floured surface into a round. Repeat with remaining dough and stack as you go, separating with parchment or lightly greased foil brushed with vegetable oil.
- Heat 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Working with one at a time, cook the pancakes, turning frequently to prevent scallions from burning, until golden brown and crisp on both sides and cooked through, 8–10 minutes. Transfer pancakes to a plate. Slice into easy bite size piece and enjoy with your dipping sauce!