This is the perfect combination of cinnamon, chewy sugar cookie, apples and crumble! All our fall favourites in one. Make this Snickerdoodle Apple Crumble for your next dessert.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease a pie dish with butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and mix together to combine. Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until a dough is formed.
- Knead slightly to combine.
- In a bowl mix together cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle onto a surface and press the cookie dough into the cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle more of the sugar mix on top and roll into a circle ¼” thick big enough to fit your pie dish.
- Transfer the pie crust carefully to the pie dish and press into the dish evenly.
- Prick with a fork and then bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Press the crust when it comes out to flatten.
- Meanwhile, mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, cornflour and cinnamon until combined. Toss the chopped apples with the sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Pour apples into the pie crust and set aside.
- Mix all the crumble topping ingredients into a bowl and using your hands’ mix together until it starts to stick together. Sprinkle the top of the apples with the crumble
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the apples are bubbling. Let set for 10 minutes
- Slice and serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.