- Place your potatoes in cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 mins until tender, then steam dry in a colander.
- In a large saute pan, fry your bacon lardons until they are crisp. Tip your potatoes into the pan and coat in the bacon fat. Add your cream and simmer until thickened, before adding your camembert and seasoning to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Pour your flour into a bowl. Add your salt and stir to combine before making a well in the middle. Add your vegetable oil and water to the well, then stir to form a loose dough.
- Turn out on to your work surface and knead for 5 mins until it comes together as a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest for 30 mins.
- Cut your dough into 4 evenly sized pieces. Roll each ball into a large disc about 1mm thick, then cut into two semi-circles.
- Brush the outer straight edge with water and fold a third of the way into the middle. Press along the line to seal, then wet the other side and fold over to create a cone shape.
- Hold the cone in your hand and spoon the filling in. Wet the top edge with your finger and seal by pressing.
- Heat your oil in a medium sized saucepan to 180°C. Gently lower your samosas into the pan a couple at a time and fry for 5 mins each until bubbly, crisp and a deep golden brown. Repeat with your remaining samosas.
- Serve hot!