- Let your steak sit in the freezer for 30 mins to allow it to harden. Then slice into very fine pieces. Add to a small bowl with soy, white pepper, chopped ginger, garlic and sugar. Leave to marinade for at least 15 mins.
- Add cornflour to a large bowl. Once the beef has marinated, add an egg stir with chopsticks to completely coat the beef strips. Then coated beef to the cornflour, toss until the beef is completely coated and has begun to separate into individual pieces.
- Heat oil in a large wok or saucepan, to test oil use a dry chopstick to check the oil, if you see bubbles the oil is hot enough. Cook the beef in batches, being careful not to overfill your pan. Add to oil and use chopsticks to separate the beef, cook for 2 ½ mins or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from oil and place on kitchen paper to drain off any oil.
- Then make your beef glaze, add sweet chilli, ketchup, vinegar, and dark soy sauce to a small bowl. Mix well.
- In a wok, over medium heat, pour in the glaze and let it bubble for 10 seconds, then drop in your fried beef and toss to completely coat. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add sesame oil into your wok and then the aromatics, the white of your spring onions, garlic, ginger and red chilli. Then drop in your macaroni, turn the heat up on and toss, allowing the pasta to crisp slightly. Add in the soy sauce and chilli oil, then add in ¾ of the glaze chilli beef. Stir to combine completely.
- Add stir fry to a large serving bowl and finish with the remaining crispy chilli beef, toasted sesame seeds and finely sliced spring onion.