Article by Joanna Sarah-Freedman
If you thought creme liqueurs were only for Christmas then think again.
Aldi has just launched a brand new Milk Chocolate and Peanut Butter creme liqueur, and we’d drink this any time of year, thank you very much.
Costing £7.49 for 70cl, and landing on shelves in the UK from June 29th, the new flavour is part of the chain’s Ballycastle creme liqueur range, and promises flavours which are pretty much exactly what you’d get from a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
Expect sweet and creamy milk chocolate with a delicious, warm nuttiness – a real treat from start to finish.
The new product comes after the successful release of their similar Ballycastle Hazelnut Chocolate creme liqueur not long ago, which many people likened to Nutella.
Oooft, we’ll have both please.
The best part about both creme liqueurs is you can enjoy them in a variety of ways.
Enjoy a glass on its own, on the rocks or tipped into a boozy cocktail. You might even recall us telling you about the person we spotted pouring creme liqueur onto their cereal… (although it must be said, Aldi don’t advise this!)
If you do wanna get creative with your bottle of Ballycastle then why not try this recipe from the folks at the budget supermarket?
They suggest combining the chocolatey peanut butter liqueur with chocolate milk and cocoa powder to create an alcoholic milkshake.
Now that’s something we can get behind…
Aldi Peanut Butter Liqueur Milkshake
- 100ml Ballycastle Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cream Liqueur
- 100ml Cowbelle Chocolate Fudge Milk
- 500ml water
- 60g The Pantry Cocoa Powder
- Moser Roth Milk Chocolate, shaved
- Peanuts to garnish
- In a small saucepan, boil 250ml of water then remove from heat and add The Pantry Cocoa Powder
- Stir to dissolve and then add the remaining 250ml cup of water
- Once cooled, add the Ballycastle Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cream Liqueur to the mixture and leave to infuse
- Once successfully infused for ten minutes, shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Pour into your preferred glass and top with whipped cream, grated Moser Roth Milk Chocolate and the peanuts
NEED this immediately.
Featured image: Getty/ Aldi