Article by Joanna Sarah-Freedman
Baileys is bringing back its piña colada inspired creme liqueur for summer, and it sounds like a dream.
Yup, you might remember the Baileys Colada first hit shelves three years ago, but now it’s back by popular demand.
The limited edition bottle is made with Baileys Original Irish Cream, and you can expect the flavour of coconut and sweet pineapples, just like when you’re swigging the cocktail.
Baileys suggests enjoying the drink over ice, or it would also work a treat drizzled over ice cream for a boozy snack in the sun.
If you want to get inventive with your Baileys bottle you can also try making the drink into a cocktail.
The booze brand actually shared a recipe on its website, and we don’t know about you, but w’re off to make it, stat.
You can check it out below:
Baileys Colada Cocktail
- 50ml Baileys Colada
- Ice Cubes
- Pineapple Chunks (can be frozen)
- Slices of pineapple to garnish
- Fruit juice and crushed/ chopped coconut
- Add 50ml of Baileys Colada, ice cubes and pineapple chunks to a blender, and blend until smooth and fully combined.
- Dip the rim of the glass into a small amount of fruit juice and sprinkle the crushed coconut onto the juice so it sticks.
- Pour into your favourite cocktail glass and garnish with slices of pineapple.
- Add a mini umbrella to complete your summer treat. Add a splash of water to your blender to get your cocktail moving.
Sounds pretty banging, right?
It’s selling for a RRP of £25, but several booze websites have it discounted at the moment.
Go, go, go. If past trends are anything to go by, we expect these bottles will sell out quick…